Oldham, Greater Manchester
5 days ago
Job Title: Commercial Officer
Salary: Competitive Package
Currently working with a large manufacturing business, who have a substantial presence in the aerospace/defence sector, to recruit a Commercial Officer. A global player within their market, the business still maintain the same family ownership structure and values that started the business. The business have established themselves as leading organisation within the aerospace market and continue to grow through acquisition and as a result, always look to secure top talent to their business.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of sources /experts internal and external to company
- Preparing the commercial / financial aspects of the bid
- Assist with production of final bid documents and arrangements to supply these documents to the customer within defined tender deadlines
- Ensure bid and proposal documentation is formatted, collated and presented in a professional manner.
- Understanding the rules of tendering
- Administering a Bid / No Bid exercise to decide whether to make a submission or not
- Timely management of tender activities
- Review of drafts and effecting improvement
- Act as the primary point of contact for the designated customer base
- Work with the relevant Project / Programme Managers to provide Commercial support with respect to the execution of contracts / programmes.
- Generation of Sales Orders and associated order review and processing activities
- Act as the primary point of contact for the designated customer base with regard to aftermarket activities, including the submission of quotations, raising of Sales Orders and the agreement of Purchase Orders with customers.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Qualified at a higher level, ideally degree, withing an Engineering or Business related field
- 3-5 experience within sales, bids and tender management
- APMP certified would be desirable
- Attention to detail
- Strong Commercial understanding
- Strong Communicator
- Able to work in a pressurised environment, with the ability to react quickly
- Self starter
- Team oriented
- Advanced MS Word skills and MS Office
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.