21 days ago
COMMERCIAL MANAGERS X 2, Nuclear New Build, Contract, Bristol or Bridgwater
Morson International are working with a key player in the Nuclear Sector who have a requirement for two (2) Senior Commercial Managers. These contract roles can either be Bristol or site based (Bridgewater).
Reporting to a Commercial Lead and Nuclear New Build (NNB) Project Manager, the Senior Commercial Managers will typically be responsible for a contract(s) between £100 - £400M in value subject to level of risk or complexity. The Senior Commercial Manager will typically lead a commercial team of up to 10 people
Responsible and Accountable for:
- The day to day management of Commercial Managers and/or Commercial Assistants under their control.
- Consideration of the nuclear baseline and distribution of nuclear safety significant responsibilities within the team.
- Providing support to the procurement process during the procurement phase (pre award).
- Managing a team in the commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award).
- Managing a team in the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out).
- The delivery of the contract(s) in accordance with NNB governance requirements to meet the NNB HPC Project and business objectives.
- Professional development of self and people within the team.
- Ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities (see below) are implemented in accordance with NNB Commercial Procedures.
Nature and Scope of Role:
- The Senior Commercial Manager is a key role within the NNB Commercial Group with accountability to the Commercial Lead for the successful commercial delivery of one or more NNB contracts.
- The Senior Commercial Manager will be the primary point of commercial contact on the contract/s assigned to them and will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within Nuclear New Build to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered
- Supporting the Commercial Lead, the Senior Commercial Manager (SCM) will develop a Commercial Team including establishing clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Effectively efficiently manage the work of the function, in compliance with internal and external mandatory requirements.
- Ensure all Principal Accountabilities for the contract commercial team are implemented in accordance with NNB commercial procedures.
- Lead in assessing and engaging with the supply chain based on collaborative working principles; applying the skills of supporting, coaching, enabling; facilitating team members through change; creating more leaders; change champions thereby building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- For the procurement phase: To provide support to the procurement process and Commercial Lead including participating in the development of the Project Contract Strategy; reviewing the need and proposed procurement route for all Project Contracts. This will include ensuring that the procurement programme for each contract is aligned to the Integrated Work Schedule and that adequate time is allowed for an effective procurement process leading to contract signature.
- Be responsible for the correct administration of Vendor Assessment, information exchange via procurement electronic portal tools, along with ITT preparation, evaluation and negotiation, ensuring that selected tenders are compliant with the scope and commercial requirements.
- Be responsible for compliance with the procurement management arrangements and procedures.
- For the execution phase the SCM will have responsibility for leading and managing the execution phase of each contract including providing an overview of the individual contracts to ensure compatibility and alignment with other projects including fundamental matters such as: Scope of Work/Services; Associated Programme; Prices; Rates Schedules; Key Personnel; Arrangements for Contract Administration and incentive arrangements.
- Oversee contract commercial relationships.
- Seek to achieve win-win, equitable commercial outcomes for all parties to facilitate early commercial close out. The SCM is accountable for ensuring that all commercial activities are conducted throughout execution of the contract in accordance with NNB Commercial Procedures.
- Responsibilities under the approved NNB Supply Chain Policy managing contracts and being a direct interface with the supply chain to ensure: An embedded nuclear safety culture; the right level of oversight; control and surveillance of contractor activities are set up in NNB and the supply chaim
- Essential Criteria
- Educated to degree level
- Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body
- Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
- Able to demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts
- Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value
- Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
- Track record with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
- Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
- Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework
- Knowledge of French language would be advantageous.
- Due to the nature of the work a BPSS Security Clearance will be required for the successful candidate