Up to £350.00 per day
4 months ago
Department / Section: Commercial
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Reporting To: Senior Commercial Manager
Background: The Client is a solutions provider and systems integrator operating in the defence and aerospace markets delivering to international clients.
The Commercial function is responsible for Customer and Partner facing transactions and commercial management of our bids and programmes, so that we achieve the best business arrangements
The role is within Commercial function that deals with Customers and Partners worldwide, except for the UK.
The Purpose of the Role: To be responsible for all commercial activities, through all aspects of the bid and project lifecycle, for a portfolio of accounts
Responsibilities/Accountability: Responsible for providing commercial input for major tenders, preparing offers, leading negotiations, preparation and negotiation of Agreements. The role will involve providing commercial input to all areas of the Company thus ensuring that all commercial issues are effectively completed.
* Evaluating and preparing responses to customer's enquiries and Invitations to Tender
* Negotiating with commercial customers and capturing in Agreements
* Advising the Sub contract Management team on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors
* Facilitating Teaming and Partnering Arrangements and capturing in Agreements
* Preparing and negotiating Commercial Agreements
* Commercial input to bids
* Being part of the Project teams to advise on all commercial aspects and assisting to deliver programmes in a cost effective manner
* Liaison with customers at all levels
* Contract Management during programme execution
* Liaison with Export team, to ensure compliance with regulations
Tools, S/W Packages and Equipment Used: Pipedrive, ERP systems and Microsoft office packages
Office based with UK and Overseas travel