£350.00 - £375.00 per annum
12 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager with experience of complex negotiations and managing major suppliers in the Utilities/ Rail sectors. Will be managing high profile procurement contracts and complex negotiations. Leading work streams using competitive dialogue. Liaising with senior stakeholders at the GLA and Director/board of Utility companies.
THIS ROLE IS INSIDE OF IR35 AND AS SUCH WILL NEED TO BE SET UP ON A PAYE OR UMBRELLA BASIS. LIMITED COMPANIES OR PSC'S WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
The day to day accountabilities of the Commercial Manager (Utilities/ Rail) will be as follows:
- Negotiate, deliver & communicate contract & framework agreements which deliver efficiencies in line with financial reporting and forecasting systems.
- Lead contracts reviews/negotiations during their term to ensure continued fitness for purpose with respect to scope, budget and performance change, riskand be responsible, day to day, for the development, negotiation and agreement of TfL Change Requests.
- Work with users to communicate effective process and with suppliers to communicate business plans.
- Assure contract & framework developments meet procurement obligations and preferences in addition to corporate health, safety, equality, quality and environmental requirements.
3. Business Process
- Improve the efficiency and reduce costs of the procurement process by participating in the re-engineering of business processes / procedures.
- Approving and implementing procurement strategies & advice (tendering, evaluation award & contract management) efficiently using preferred technology-based methods.
- Be the focal point for key suppliers, categories and markets for the department in areas of strategy and tactics development, dispute resolution, supplier viability and relationship management.
- Participate in technology solutions by implementing, evaluating, or feeding back results that will improve strategic and operational procurement.
- Lead or contribute to the development of departmental business plans and demand forecasts, and lead or support capacity planning to ensure appropriate allocation of resources to projects and programmes.
4. Learning and Development
- Manage team skills and development gaps. Support professional development of colleagues of similar discipline. Engage with CIPS (or similar) professional training. Deputise for immediate manager from time to time.
- Responsible for timely and accurate management information covering aspects of lead buyer reporting.
The Skills and Experience expected of the Commercial Manager (Utilities/ Rail) are as follows:
- Ability to assimilate quickly new business systems such as SAP or other e-procurement and commercial systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to influence others both internally and externally up to Managing Director level through presentations, negotiation and written reports.
- Experience in contract/purchase order management and administration and proven experience in developing and maintaining supporting office systems.
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and agreeing Contract terms and conditions and commercial schedules.
- Substantial proven experience in a procurement function involved in high risk, high value, complex works, services and supplies covering a range of commodities. A proven record in establishing contracts of this nature and leading commercial negotiations at a senior level is essential.
In order to apply for the Commercial Manager (Utilities/ Rail) or for a confidential chat please send your CV and contact details through via this advert.