£40000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits
4 days ago
Role: Commercial Manager / Senior Commercial Manager - Nuclear New Build
Salary: £40-80k + outstanding benefits including bonus and relocation assistance
Start: November 2018 onwards
My client is looking for experienced senior Commercial Engineering professional to work in support of their £20+bn UK nucelar new build programme.
This role will be based at the client's head office in Gloucester.
Relevant and recent nuclear industry experience would be advantageous but is not essential to being consded for the role.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Manager role will include:
- Provide commercial leadership for allocated contracts ensuring that a balanced view is taken in management of the contractor's obligations.
- Manage contract expenditure within delegations of authority and report all contractor activity in accordance with key and other performance indicators.Arrange the supervision of work for areas of responsibility through authorised persons to ensure performance expectations are met in accordance with issued contract instructions and intent of the contract.
- Take an overview and ensure the effective contract management on site.
- Be responsible for the commercial management of contracts, including:
- Analysis and definition of any requirements for change and manage change under the contract agreements
- Managing all commercial and contractual communications
- Responsibility for the contract administration process
- Leading all claim or variation management processes
- Facilitating communications and negotiations between the parties
- Support the Project Managers in the delivery of the scope
- Managing the contract file and act as single point of instruction between Horizon and the contractor
- Programme/performance monitoring and reporting
- Payment application process including approval of payments
- Closure of contract arrangements including Final Accounts
- Track record of success and achievement to date.
- Relevant qualification to degree level or equivalent (QS or Construction discipline).
- Extensive experience within Commercial Contract Management in the field of large scale construction/infrastructure or complex projects.
- Sound commercial judgement and decision making and an ability to demonstrate a considered view in commercial contractual matters
- Proven capability and skills in complex negotiations.
- Stakeholder and relationship management with senior managers across Horizon and across external supplier businesses.
- Appreciation of engineering principles and practices.
- Project delivery focus with proven ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Relevant and recent nuclear new build industry experience would be an advantage.
- Appreciation of technical aspects of nuclear power plants an advantage.
- An appreciation of the context of the UK Nuclear Industry
- Appreciation of principles and practices of nuclear safety and knowledge of other health and safety requirements including relevant legislation. Understanding of responsibility for safe working and appreciation of safety management principles for others.
- Relevant leadership experience and the ability to operate within complex organisational and project/multi-disciplinary structures.
- Appreciate the significance of effective change controls
For the right candidate, Horizon can offer outstanding long-term career development opportunities, along with an excellent salary and outstanding benefits package including 26 days holiday, relocation assistance (if required), up to 15% bonus, an excellent pension, private health, life and critical illness insurance, as well as the opportunity to play a key role in a respected, ambitious and forward thinking company at the forefront of the UK NNB programme
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction