Birmingham, West Midlands
Car allowance plus benefits
22 days ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager in the West Midlands area to join a Tier 1 Main Contractor working on New Build Construction projects.
This is the opportunity to work on career-enhancing building projects for one of the industrys leading names.
The Commercial Manager role:
The Commercial Manager is a senior member of the project team as well as the regional team, reporting to the Regional Commercial Manager. Responsible for the commercial staff on a project and the timely delivery of the required commercial functions throughout all stages of the project.
- Provide a clear and compelling vision of the Region's business and its direction so as to inspire our people to deliver exceptional results and achieve their full potential
- Delivery of the regional strategies, objectives and budgets
- Ensure appropriate governance and risk management is implemented throughout the business
- An effective and knowledgeable leader and communicator that is able to relate to both internal and external staff
- Represent the business externally so as to enhance the company's reputation, standing and brand
- Actively look inside the business for best practice and outside the business for new ideas and approaches to business
- Lead the project commercial function to minimise risk, maximise opportunity, manage change, cash flow and accurate project reporting
- Manage and control all commercial aspects of projects
- You will have a degree in BSc Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or equivalent experience/memberships
- You should have construction industry experience with a main contractor
- Experience as a recognised business commercial leader with strong commercial awareness.
- A good collaborator and communicator able to quickly build effective relationships internally and externally. A true team player with high attention to detail.
- Sound commercial knowledge of the construction industry.Able to develop and monitor efficient and effective processes and policies in support of the business objective and strategy.
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous pension and benefits
- Award winning development, training and progression structure
- Flexible working arrangements