£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
5 months ago
Morson International is currently looking for Commercial Manager for our client based in Luton.
The successful candidate will provide strong Commercial and Contract Management leadership and advice for major bids and projects. You will work within a multi-disciplined project team, focusing on bid support, close collaborative working with customers and partners and legal/regulatory compliance.
You will be experienced in managing complex, service focused requirements and the use of different commercial and financial models to achieve business aims.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work in a dynamic area of the business, working closely with peers, utilising the latest tools and technologies akin to the modern working environment .
Key Responsibility Areas
- Work in a multi-disciplined Project Team
- Create the framework and agreements for collaborative working.
- Accountable manager for all commercial aspects of bids and proposals
- Authorised manager to commit the business to its offers
- Manage commitments and obligations under project delivery
- Determine and negotiate best terms and conditions at all times
- Ensure the standards and acceptability of all contractible documents
- Act as advisor to the Project team on all commercial matters
- Act as the Customer's key point of contact for all contractual matters
- Support project/business performance reviews
- Act as commercial assessor to commercial plans
- Innovate commercial models and strategies
- Stay up to date on regulatory issues that affect our business
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Significant/relevant Experience with Defence Procurement nationally (DE&S) and Internationally
- Self-motivated able to work unsupervised, remotely and within virtual teams
- Proven Team building skills
- Excellent Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Excellent influencing/persuasive/negotiating skills
- Expertise in all key Commercial competencies
- Able to identifying, understand commercial risks and offer mitigation
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation skills
- Proactive, Tenacious, results driven
- Copes well under pressure
- Education to degree level or equivalent, legal or business related degree preferred
- Familiarity with SAP and its functionality
- Microsoft Office knowledge and application of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experienced in business finance, profit and loss, margin and mark up, escalation, foreign exchange
- Experienced in export compliance. ITAR, EAR, import taxes and duties
- Working knowledge of Offset/ Industrial Participation
- Good communication skills, written, oral and presentations skills.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.