Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager to join our prestigious client, we are looking for candidates with Category Management experience within the Defence sector.
You'll be part of a team of category managers managing common goods and services used throughout the Business. You'll lead the professional services category, this encompasses consultancy, and legal & insurance services; a category of expenditure circa £500m per annum.
As our professional services Category Manager, you'll primarily be responsible for the category strategy; you'll play a crucial role in delivering this, to do so you'll be supported by our senior commercial officer for professional services. This is a high-profile role, working closely with our Head of Category Management and our Head of Commercial.
Broadly speaking, you'll be a senior leader within the Head Office team; you'll develop relationships with our suppliers and provide clients with insights regarding the category; you'll seek to build long-term strategic plans for development, while overseeing support staff.
- You'll develop and implement the professional services category strategy, based on customer demand, market analysis and engagement with all relevant stakeholder groups;
- You'll ensure spend data is consolidated and segmented by category and relevant groupings to inform the on-going development of the category strategy;
- You'll provide commercial advice and guidance to category customers, ensuring efficient and effective application of the category strategy in sourcing delivery;
- You'll develop category commercial expertise, ensuring the development of knowledge of market trends, innovation, developing commercial models and enhancements in service or product specifications;
- You'll provide day-to-day leadership for your category, including commercial controls and reviews, managing resources and 'category requests';
- You'll contribute to the development of effective tools and continuous improvement techniques, actively participate in activities that facilitate the embedding of best practice into Head Office category management activities;
- You'll drive innovation and work with the team to consistently review current Commercial processes, policy and governance, and general ways of working to identify opportunities for improvement;
The ideal individual
- You'll have strong experience in professional services categories;
- An ability to jump into different roles for tactical situations;
- Proven track record in professional services procurement;
- Confident, articulate and a proactive thinker;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Team player;
- Commercially minded;
- Intrinsically motivated with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate excellence in the ability to deliver the category strategy including value and cost savings;
- Proven strong stakeholder management throughout all levels of an organisation
- Significant experience in Category Management, Contract Management & Commercial Excellence;