An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager to join our Prestigious Client BAE
The Commercial Manager role is to support commercial activity and be responsible for all contract activity undertaken by the employing commercial team, within BAE Systems - Submarines. Covering a wide range of diverse contract activity the role will cover both contract negotiation and contract management of all activities undertaken by the commercial team. Managing a team of direct report staff grades the Commercial Manager will in turn report to Senior Commercial Management deputising for Senior Management as required.
- Responsible for ensuring the Health & Safety of all your employees and that your area operates in accordance with Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
* Support to all contract activity including the drafting and negotiation of complex terms and conditions and associated agreements with customers ensuring the interests of BAE Systems.
* Manage contact activities including negotiation of contract change and management of claims.
* Responsible for day to day management of contracts within employing commercial area of relevant BAE Systems Business Unit.
* Responsible for all contract aspects of business winning.
* Responsible for delivery of internal/direct contract budgets and explaining both under-spends and over-spends to Senior Commercial Management.
* Responsible for ensuring that contract activity is undertaken in accordance with BAE Systems Operational Framework and relevant business unit commercial processes including Request for Bid Approval.
* Responsible for delivery of commercial interface with Procurement and flow-down of commercial contract requirements.
* Ensure that the business unit's financial and commercial exposures are addressed through appropriate commercial contract frameworks such as export controls, export finance, product safety (including insurance) and intellectual property rights etc.
* Support to all Contract and Bid Status Reviews to justify, explain and clear ongoing commercial contract activities.
* Support to all commercial agreements to support team activity.
* To be able to access and have a clear understanding of the Quality and Health and Safety Management Systems documentation.
* Contract interface with customers (United Kingdom Ministry of Defence/export customers/United Kingdom commercially based customers).
- Responsible for 0-10 employees
- The role regularly interfaces with Directors, Cross Functional Heads of Department, Senior and Middle Management and Commercial staff
* Responsible for ensuring the Health & Safety of all your employees and that your area operates in accordance with Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
* Managing a team of direct report staff grades the Commercial Manager will in turn report to Senior Commercial Management deputising for Senior Management as required.
- Act with approved authorisation for RBA signature based on Delegated Authority and have an appreciation of the overall functional overheads budget.
- Takes individual responsibility for the role of the Commercial/Contracts function and fulfilling functional objectives.
* Takes individual responsibility for the Commercial / Contracts role in the wider BAE Systems enterprise and engages effectively with other functions to enhance the Commercial / Contracts solution
* Leverages the value of the supply base and flows down appropriate prime contractor requirements to subcontractors where applicable to the context, value and risk of the subcontract
* Appropriately applies and tailors the LCM process and carries out their functional responsibilities under the appropriate delegated authority.
* Takes individual responsibility for the appropriate application of relevant laws, regulations and contractual provisions that affect the activities of the Commercial/Contracts function to protect and enhance the position of the Company and its customers.
* Supports the development and maintenance of good customer relationships.
* Takes individual responsibility as the primary customer interface for proposals and contractual matters
* Takes individual responsibility for the Commercial / Contracts role in the customer acquisition process, LCM Phase 0 - 2A Commercial/Contracts deliverables and RBA process.
* Considers the market intelligence and domain knowledge relating to the opportunity and applies to the Commercial/Contracts solution
* Develops the appropriate Commercial / Contracts solution and engages with other functions to influence the bid.
* Takes individual responsibility for the negotiation plan and applies tools and techniques used in successful negotiations
* Leads/supports routine and moderately complex negotiations
* Develops specialised knowledge of the customer environment and business context for the contracting opportunity.
* Leads/supports the preparation of complex proposals, contracts, changes, and claims in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, contractual provisions and Company Policy
* Takes individual responsibility for the identification of risks and opportunities for routine proposals and contractual matters and takes appropriate action to manage them
* Takes individual responsibility for managing requirements, deliverables and performance of the contract at all phases.
* Understands the business impact of contract changes and takes action to mitigate.
* Supports final stages of moderately complex contracts performing activities associated with contract closeout.
* Takes individual responsibly for routine contractual financial considerations and performance indicators
* Is responsible for ensuring that the price is built up using appropriate pricing methodologies and for the final price.
* Is responsible for implementing appropriate contracting arrangements that consider recovery, payment mechanisms and cash flow.
* Is actively involved in the functional contribution to the IBP process.
* Drafts moderately complex contracts / agreements with little supervision.
* Develops specialist knowledge of the cultural and relational considerations of undertaking the Commercial / Contracts role in an international contracting environment
* Develops specialist knowledge of Export Control Policy, import/export rules and regulations in their home market and any other jurisdictions with which they deal.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject, E.G. Law, or evidence of relevant experience.
* Experience of Practitioner level commercial management in a major project.
* CDY Programme Participation
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.