Salford, Greater Manchester
6 months ago
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Salary: Competitive basic + package (car, bonus, phc, pens)
About Our Client
Currently working with a UK wide engineering service provider, with particular strengths in the utility and infrastructure sector, who are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager in the Manchester region. The client is currently experiencing significant growth and working on numerous projects UK wide and are looking at strengthening their commercial function to deliver greater efficiency's and value across the projects.
As Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for running several contracts, predominantly focusing on engineering projects across the North of England. Working alongside a team of Commercial Directors., this role will play a key role within the business, and as such there will be strong opportunity to progress as the business grows. Key to this position is the successful identification of succession planning for the commercial function.
Essential professional and personal qualities are:
- To be a positive and inspirational leader who actively engages with their workforce to enhance the productivity of the projects.
- Act as project lead across projects, specifically looking to develop post-contract activity
- Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project.
- You will ensure a compliant and effective service is delivered at all times and be a key contact for the customer on the contracts.
- You will look to ensure all commercial activity to comply with the businesses systems, processes and procedures within the strict deadlines required under the contract(s) and as required by the Company Support in preparing data required to populate various commercial reports.
- Ability to successfully interact across various stake holders but in particular, operations and contracts manager
The Successful Applicant
The Commercial Manager will ideally have the following background:
- Have current experience at Commercial Manager Level or be an aspiration Quantity Surveyor looking to take a more strategic approach into commercial management
- Ideally degree qualified and/or exploring further accreditation's
- Have experience working within an engineering services background, ideally within Utility and Infrastructure markets.
- Understanding of NEC3 contracts would be beneficial
- Have excellent customer and business communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, and in particular, Commercial Directors
- Have 3-5 years' experience of managing a large volume of medium to large projects within an engineering services environment
- Willing to be commutable to the North West Region and travel between projects
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Project Management
- Self sufficient
- Ability to manage high levels of data would be beneficial
What's on Offer
The successful Commercial Manager will be offered between £40-60,000 and a strong annual bonus, car allowance and excellent company benefits (depending on experience and performance). This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially aware, highly motivated individual who can work under pressure and have proven experience of leading large construction teams.