South East England, England
£400.00 - £415.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Here at Morson we are looking to hire a Commercial Manager to join our client in Gravesend, England.
What you will do:
* Support the Programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance -compliance with our clients Corporate Governance rules in a timely manner.
* Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within our clients reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
* Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager and/or Programme Commercial Manager (functional reporting line) and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
* Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated projects in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor's commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
* Manage assessment and valuation of contractor's applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with our clients processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement. Cost elements should be challenged, audited where appropriate and valuations should be consistent with agreed site progress.
* Produce of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
* Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
* Provide of ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision-making.
* Produce appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions. Commercial records should be retained and archived properly upon close out.
Your experience will include:
* 5 years' experience in commercially managing investment projects
* Demonstrable relevant experience
* Good understanding of railway and construction industry forms of contract
* Good understanding of the construction/railway industry
* Good negotiation skills
* Educated to degree standard in related subject
* Membership of a relevant professional institute, chartered status
* Significant experience of working within a generalist commercial environment
* Awareness of industry issues
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt
If you are interested and have relevant qualifications and experience, apply now and I will be in touch with you shortly.
Alternatively, contact Connah OKeeffe at Morson International for more information about this position