8 months ago
Title: Commercial Manager
Salary: £50,000 - 55,000
An experienced Senior Commercial Manager is required for a leading Defence Land Systems Company based in Telford, you will assist the business growth by leading and driving successful performance of all commercial activities.
- To assist the business growth by leading and driving successful performance of all commercial activities within the Programmes and Business Development areas.
- To devise commercial solutions to customer requirements that maximise the business benefits whilst understanding the level of risk being taken. In devising commercial solutions considerations of all external factors must be considered such as strategic intent, market forces, competition, customer constraints and supply chain capability.
- To create and maintain commercial capability to support business winning activity
- Contribute to the development of the Commercial strategy required to support the delivery of the business strategy and oversee its implementation within the commercial function.
- Support the Commercial proposal, negotiation, contract award and contract management activities with potential UK and Overseas Customers in accordance with the Operational Framework.
- Participate actively as a key member of the business Executive population in continuously developing the business as a whole to become the market leading company.
- Manage and develop the Commercial to ensure all functional responsibilities are discharged and that individuals have the opportunity, guidance and support to develop professionally.
- Ensure the Commercial function complies with all aspects of the Operational Framework including the Commercial Policies and the correct application of the business strategies.
- Familiar with and able to provide guidance on Commercial Policy, Commercial Principles, Defence Conditions, Single Source Procurement Legislation and specific responsibility for compliance to the business policies and procedures.
- Lead negotiator in complex Customer facing negotiations.
- Assistance in and provision of information to support Director Negotiations and decision making.
- Analyses, interpretation and presentation of the Business's contractual and commercial position for endorsement or direction.
- Development of new Commercial relationships with key customers and strategic partners to maximise order intake and deliver increased margin and Business benefit.
- Support to the development of industrialisation and proposals with overseas industrial partners as necessary.
- Ensure all responsible persons understand and comply with authority delegated to them
- Adhere to SHE obligations and standard business working instructions.
- Quality Assurance - Perform all work/tasks in accordance with project/functional requirements and to the standards prescribed in supporting technical documentation. Proactively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and support quality assurance activities and improvement initiatives deployed by the business.
- Provide guidance on the business winning activity and set the context and direction for strategically important campaigns and customers
- Ensure that the requisite Commercial skills are available to the business and provide Commercial support to the Procurement function in the negotiation of Supply Chain Contracts and also dispute resolution.
- Overall Commercial Management of all Prospects and Contracts to include establishment of a sound contractual and costing basis to support current and future requirements. Leadership of, development and contribution to existing and new Business processes requiring a commercial involvement.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Highly motivated with good leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to manage effectively in a multifunctional environment.
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to influence key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Educated to a degree level in an appropriate discipline with proven functional and management experience in Commercial / Business management.
- Proven experience of people management and leading Project teams / Function resources.
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on 01617-.071-.516