Trafford Park, Greater Manchester
9 days ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with nearly 50 years experience, a turnover in excess of £850 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
Due to business growth we are looking recruit a full time, experienced Contract and Commercial Manager. The successful candidate will join us in our prestigious offices in Trafford Park where they will develop and manage our in-house function across the Group.
Key functions of the role:
- Liaison with all business operational boards, providing contractual advice and expertise.
- Working closely with our senior legal advisor and other senior management
- Reviewing of all new and tendered business contracts, supported by external legal counsel
- Identifying the risks, liabilities and commitments of contractual agreements; ensuring these are clearly understood and that the business fully appreciates any potential impact
- Contractual negotiation assistance
- Dispute resolution and dispute avoidance
- Maintaining business trackers for legal and contractual queries including:
- New contract review
- Maintaining contract archive records
- Cross-group contract coordination
- Proactively managing progression of a contract enquiry through to conclusion
- Liaison with insurers and brokers.
- Liaison with internal finance and billing teams - resolution of account disputes
Key personal attributes required:
- Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor with extensive legal experience or relevant qualifications and demonstrable commercial acumen is desirable but not essential
- Comfortable with contract analysis and drafting
- Ambitious and able to demonstrate a hardworking ethos
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Highly developed influencing and communication skills
- Pragmatic and capable of effectively managing high pressure situation
- Enthusiasm for the service sector
- Confidence in dealing with clients, colleagues and suppliers
In this role you will work closely with senior colleagues and be an integral part of the management team, and therefore must be comfortable working with key stakeholders and be very commercially focused with your advice. The successful candidate should possess most of the key attributes above and coupled with this a desire to develop a career within a fast-moving dynamic organisation.
We value knowledge, innovation, commitment, organisational skill, time management, excellent communication skills (verbal, face to face & telephone and written), computer literacy, drive to be the best and a hunger to succeed. In return we provide competitive salaries, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and well-being program, free on-site parking and a free on-site gym. Not to mention a great culture with plenty of career progression and development opportunities
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's Disability Confident Scheme. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.