£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Commercial Manager - South Somerset
Reporting to the Operations Partner and supporting all commercial aspects across the business this role will work closely with our resourcing, sales, project control and financial teams, as well as being a key part of the wider Group legal team and liaising regularly with the Group Legal and Compliance Director.
You will be responsible for managing the contractual relationships with both customers and suppliers across a variety of projects.
You will have an excellent understanding of commercial best practice coupled with detailed experience across a range of commercial constructs and be able to confidently manage the commercial contracts process from cradle to grave.
You will provide detailed commercial advice across a range of areas (such as risk, IP, teaming arrangements, IR35 compliance, GDPR, European law impacts etc.) to the wider business
You will be responsible for the commercial aspects of all tenders and contracts for the business, including input into risk assessments, review and negotiation of terms and conditions with customers and suppliers, drafting of contractual such as licence agreements, teaming agreements, joint ventures and consultancy arrangements, and will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the Group authorisation processes and policies in place from time to time.
You will be responsible for managing at least one junior member of staff to ensure effective and timely support is given across all aspects of the commercial lifecycle.
* Significant level of Contract Management experience
* Excellent Negotiation skills
* Risk Management experience
* Previous exposure to import/export controls, ITAR and EAR
* Demonstrable prior experience in a similar position within the public and private sector
* Accustomed to working with MoD stakeholders, Defence Primes, SMEs and Academia
* Excellent legal drafting skills
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
* Proven team player
* Confident self-starter
* Willing to travel to support the needs of the business as and when required
* Numerate and strong attention to detail
* Strong communication skills
* Strong negotiation skills
Desirable educational requirements and professional certifications:
* Business or Law degree or equivalent
* CIPS or IACCM membership or equivalent