£350 - £420 per day
4 months ago
In this role you will provide pre and post-contract commercial management to enhancement projects. You will provide specialist commercial advice, guidance and recommendations to mitigate commercial risks.
- Support the programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate compliance.
- Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the clients reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
- Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager and/or Programme Commercial Manager (functional reporting line) and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
- Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated projects in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery; including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor's commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
- Produce applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
- Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
- Provide ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision-making.
- Produce appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions. Commercial records should be retained and archived properly upon close out.
- Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation to project close-out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales. For multi-year framework agreements, agree and reconcile annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
- Support demonstration of efficiency's and continual improvement of estimating by undertaking cost analysis of completed projects and feedback as per Cost Allocation Feedback process.
- Support with pre and post contract procurement activities as appropriate.
- Provide support to estimating resources, offering guidance and advice on project scale/scope as required.
- Support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participates in the associated quantitative risk assessment and value management workshops, as required.
- Experience in commercially managing investment projects.
- Experience in managing NEC contracts (Options A, C and E).
- Good understanding of the construction/ railway industry.