Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
Commerical MAnager required to work on major Airport Project in London.
Contract position, 6 months initially.
Candidates must have Claims Management experience and expert knowlesge of NEC Contracts.
- Reports to the Project Contracts and Procurement Manager;
- Supports Subcontracts claims resolution. Assist the project team with developing overall strategy for claim resolution.
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of the claims process work product.
- Supports preparation of extensive and in-depth cost and schedule analysis; prepare reconciliation and justification of increased costs. Responsible for claims development and pursuit of assertive claims against subcontractors as appropriate.
- Additionally, acts as the Deputy Contracts and Procurement Manager when required to:
- Manage the Contracts and Procurement team working within an NEC contracts environment;
- Manage scope definition / scope revision activities and associated commercial matters;
- Manage significant commercial matters requiring definition of strategy and action implementation to effectively resolve.
- Coordinate activities with the Project Manager and other Department Managers;
- Input to regular Client and corporate reports including on the status of contracts, contractual change management, strategies adopted and similar;
Generally, manages site-based contract operations to ensure the effective administration of Client NEC contracts. Responsible for compliance with Client procedures for performing the procurement and administration of the contracts. Responsible for enhancing team integration and performance including coaching of assigned contracts personnel.
Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering desirable.
Experience in pricing contractual change, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
Thorough knowledge of contract administration, home office and field procedures and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project
Extensive and solid experience in the of managing of NEC change management, contractor claims management workload distribution and execution of the work as well as personnel interviews, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counselling, transfers and terminations
Extensive knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, policies, procedures and work practices