Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
This role is In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
In this role you will provide post-contract commercial management of medium value/medium risk activity, support pre-contract activity within the project delivery team's scope of work and provide specialist commercial advice, guidance and recommendations to mitigate commercial risks.
- Support the programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate compliance with Corporate Governance rules in a timely manner.
- Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
- Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager and/or Programme Commercial Manager (functional reporting line) and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
- Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated projects in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery; including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor's commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
- Manage assessment and valuation of contractor's applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement. Cost elements should be challenged, audited where appropriate and valuations should be consistent with agreed site progress.
- Provide pro-active advice and guidance to Project Managers on all change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action in accordance with Network Rail change control systems and produce all required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority including comparative estimates where required in a timely manner.
- Produce applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
- Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
- Provide ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision-making.
- Produce appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions. Commercial records should be retained and archived properly upon close out.
- Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation to project close-out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales. For multi-year framework agreements, agree and reconcile annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
- Support demonstration of efficiencies and continual improvement of estimating by undertaking cost analysis of completed projects and feedback as per Cost Allocation Feedback process.
- Support with pre and post contract procurement activities as appropriate.
- Provide support to estimating resources, offering guidance and advice on project scale/scope as required.
- Support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participates in the associated quantitative risk assessment and value management workshops, as required.
- Check whether all contractual specifications set out for the management of safety, and as determined by standards, procedures etc., are effectively implemented and thereafter monitored to prevent any potential non-compliance, delay, or lack of organisational cover etc. which could introduce the importation of risks to the programme managers portfolio.
Your experience will include:
- 5 years' experience in commercially managing investment projects.
- Quantity surveying qualification.
- Experience in managing NEC contracts (Options A, C and E).
- Civil engineering experience in railway.
- Knowledge of working for a main contractor or utility company similar to Network Rail.
- Ability to work independently with own initiative.