Up to £0.00 per annum
17 days ago
Network Rail are looking for a Commercial Manager to join the team in Swindon. You will be working on several Buildings and Civils enhancements projects. Ideally someone with good bid and tender experience would be suitable for this role.
What you will do:
* Support the Programme and project teams in monitoring for breaches of corporate governance -compliance with Network Rail Corporate Governance rules in a timely manner.
* Manage cost reporting of all allocated projects within the Network Rail reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value.
* Monitor, manage and report on all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity to Project Manager and/or Programme Commercial Manager (functional reporting line) and/or Senior Commercial Manager.
* Monitor awareness of all site activities on allocated projects in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective. Review contractor delivery including leading valuation of medium value/medium risk contracts & attending all progress meetings to actively influence contractor's commercial behaviours, delivery and activity.
* Manage assessment and valuation of contractor's applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with Network Rail processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement. Cost elements should be challenged, audited where appropriate and valuations should be consistent with agreed site progress.
* Provide pro-active advice and guidance to Project Managers on all change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action in accordance with Network Rail change control systems and produce all required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority including comparative estimates where required in a timely manner.
* Produce of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate.
* Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
* Provide of ad-hoc management information and analysis to promote informed decision-making.
* Produce appropriate commercial correspondence and contractual notices for issue in accordance with contractual conditions. Commercial records should be retained and archived properly upon close out.
* Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliation to project close-out as per the project authority, project plan and within agreed timescales. For multi-year framework agreements, agree and reconcile annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
Your experience will include:
* 5 years' experience in commercially managing investment projects
* Demonstrable relevant experience
* Good understanding of railway and construction industry forms of contract
* Good understanding of the construction/railway industry
* Good negotiation skills
* Educated to degree standard in related subject
* Membership of a relevant professional institute, chartered status
* Significant experience of working within a generalist commercial environment
* Awareness of industry issues
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt