Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 2 months ago
12 Months FTC
Morson International is recruiting for a Commercial Director role based in London.
- Review, refine and execute commercial strategy, policy and associated procedures to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget
- Lead the commercial activities across the project, ensuring all functions are aligned in delivering Crossrail's commercial objectives
- Review and refine policies for all administration of agreements and contracts and the assurance of commercial performance
- Review, refine and operate effective commercial governance arrangements
- Direct and advise on compliance with contractual obligations and oversee CRL's commercial response to non-compliance
- Manage and support Project Managers on commercial and contracting matters across programme
- Assess and report on commercial aspects of project performance
- Provide commercial leadership at meetings with all relevant third parties, particularly tier one contractors
- Drive operational efficiency, continuously identifying areas for business improvement, cost reduction or cost avoidance
- Manage relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Provide the Executive Directors and the Board with timely and independent advice, guidance and support on commercial matters
- Lead, inspire and develop an effective commercial team, managing change effectively
- Co-operate with all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for the clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
The job holder will:
- Have a track record of leadership in a large, financially significant, complex private or public sector organisation with responsibility for strategic and operational commercial functions
- Be an experienced contract and commercial negotiator with the ability to develop others to a similar standard
- Have a demonstrable record of delivering value for money and best in class commercial services
In-depth knowledge of:
- Best practice commercial management
- NEC 3 forms of contract
- Major programme delivery and close out