Up to £0.00 per annum
29 days ago
- JOB PURPOSE (A single sentence, normally three or four lines describing the overall purpose of the job)
- The role of the PMO Analyst within the Commercial Development Directorate is to support the PMO and Business Manager and Commercial Development team providing project support, and applying both project and programme control processes and tools to track, report and coordinate progress and performance of the team and their individual workstreams. The role will have a primary focus on the Stations Operations and Commercial team but will support across the directorate as appropriate.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (Show where the job fits into the organisation. Make clear the titles of any jobs that report to this job and the titles of any other jobs reporting to the same line manager)
Titles of all direct reports to this job:
- ROLE OF DIRECTORATE/DEPARTMENT (Describe the main functions of the Directorate/Department and make clear which part of the Directorate/Department this job fits into)
- The Commercial Development Directorate is accountable for the identification and delivery of property development and commercialisation opportunities in, above and around HS2 Stations.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders, the Directorate will ensure that maximum value is captured and regeneration objectives met through Property Development.
- The Stations Operations and Commercial Development teams are responsible for delivering service excellence at all HS2 stations and optimising the commercial performance at each location.
- ACCOUNTABILITIES (These are a series of statements that describe the main areas this job is accountable for. Most jobs have between six and ten statements. Each accountability should make clear what is done and the results that have to be achieved)
- Apply a range of HS2 led project and programme control tools and processes for the Commercial Development and Station Operation teams to support the team in the management of their day to day activities. These will include, but are not limited to; project planning/scheduling, reporting, risk management, governance and project administration.
- Assist the team in identification, capture and management of Station Operation risks. Maintain the Station Operations risk register on Xactium. Work closely with each team member to regularly review and update their risks via both one to one working and running risk workshops. Liaise with Phase One risk champions to discuss and manage interface and shared risks.
- Work closely with the Stations Director and the Station Operations team to ensure that each workstream is successfully controlled; by the production of station by station programme information, performance data, summary information and KPIs. Apply this information to key team and programme reports.
- To support the wider Commercial Development Directorate by creating reporting information to satisfy the requirements of both regular and ad-hoc governance forums, committees and stakeholder requirements.
- REQUIRED CRITERIA
- Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences and ability to meet agreed deadlines
- IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel and other project management tools. Experience with risk management tool(s) and planning software eg. Primavera (P6) desirable.
- Ability to review, organise and check a range of progress and performance information from others into meaningful outputs; tailored to suit different types of audiences and governance structures.
- Understanding of range of project management and programme control functions within a project or programme.
- Understanding of decision-making processes, governance structures and processes, and the associated need for concise and effective reporting
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience across a range of project and programme control functions
6. DECISION MAKING (Describe the main decisions taken by the job and those that are referred to the line manager)
The post holder can decide the following:
- Content and format of Internal team reports
- Format and timing of risk reviews with the team
- Structure of the master programme
- The following decisions are referred for approval:
- Agenda and content for governance boards