Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £25000.00 per annum + Study support, bonus, pension, lunch
10 days ago
Manchester United Football Club are recruiting a junior Commercial Accountant - a great role ideal for an AAT qualified or Part Qualified (CIMA/ACCA) candidate with solid management accounts preparation experience gained within a commercial environment.
Study Support with either CIMA or ACCA is a featured benefit of this role.
Reporting and supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner, the Commercial Accountant will work with the Finance Business Partners, Head of FP&A and Commercial Finance and relevant Heads of Departments and budget holders on all aspects of:
* Financial management and reporting (including Management Accounts)
* Financial compliance and awareness
* Financial planning
Specific areas of involvement and ownership:
- Preparation, review and first level approval of monthly management accounts. Including variance analysis and preparation of relevant commentary.
- Ownership and development of regular financial reporting into the business, balance sheets reconciliations and analysis of nominal codes.
- Assisting in the preparation of the budgets, including: interpreting, challenging and reporting the budgets and assumptions. Working alongside the Senior Finance Business Partner, budget holders and Heads of Department.
- Assisting in the development of KPI / improved management information and reporting.
- Perform supplier reviews and ensure cost efficiency savings are being achieved across the business including working with the Head of Procurement.
Experience/ Key Skills & Behaviours
- University degree ideally relevant to Accounting/Finance, AAT Qualified or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA.
- Ideally experience in a finance role in a similarly sized business.
- Confident in working with stakeholders with varying financial awareness.
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining awareness of the 'bigger picture'.
- Ability to present and articulate financial and commercial information.
- An ambition to learn and progress.
This is a terrific opportunity to join a fantastic team and organisation in a role which puts you on the road to being a Finance Business Partner with terrific benefits which include study support, company bonus, fantastic pension and even a free lunch.
Manchester United Football Club Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place.