Up to £32.00 per hour
3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a 6 month subcontract Accountant role supporting a Future Capability team and a Weapon System Capability Engineering team for a large aerospace client based near Preston.
In this role the jobholder will be required to provide financial support to new business bids, contract delivery and company investment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- For new business you will work with bid managers and the commercial function to successfully complete the required finance activities, including finance management plans / checklists, bid models and monthly forecasts for order intake and other key financials
- For contracted work you will be working in an Integrated Project team and will prepare Contract Status Reports, Sales and Margin Trading Plans, customer invoices, cost reports, trading journals, monthly balance sheets and monthly financial forecasts
- For company investment you will work with investment owners, preparing investment expenditure proposals, costs reports and completing business reporting requirements
- Finally, using inputs from all your areas of responsibility will help prepare our Integrated Business Plan.
The successful applicant will be Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or equivalent. You will have strong Excel skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate large data sets. You will have strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge and experience of budget analysis, forecasting and variance analysis is required along with the ability to demonstrate knowledge and practical experience of financial systems. Experience of Financial Systems such as TM1, IBM Cognos or LN would be an advantage.
Key duties will involve;
- Contract Status Reports
- Sales and Margin Trading Plans
- Customer Claims
- Sales and margin journals
- Business Winning Checklists and Finance
- Balance Sheets
- Cost reports
- Finance Bid Models
- Monthly financial forecasts in TM1 and Opportunities and Risks
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits; Finance Analyst, data extraction; data modelling; SAP; Advanced Excel; Datasets; reporting; Accountant;