Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000.00 - £33000 per annum + Study support, bonus, pension
about 1 year ago
A global leisure brand in Manchester are recruiting a Commercial Accountant - this is suited to an actively studying, part/nearly qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) able to prepare insightful management accounts with an excellent commercial acumen ideally with experience of working revenue side and looking into the finance activity of commercial partnerships and technology.
Study Support with either CIMA or ACCA is a featured benefit of this role.
Reporting and supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner, the Commercial Accountant will work with the Finance Business Partners, Head of FP&A and Commercial Finance and relevant Heads of Departments and budget holders on all aspects of:
* Financial management and reporting (including Management Accounts)
* Financial compliance and awareness
* Financial planning
Specific areas of involvement and ownership:
- Preparation, review and first level approval of monthly operational management accounts. Including variance analysis and preparation of relevant commentary.
- Ownership and development of regular financial reporting into the business, balance sheets reconciliations and analysis of nominal codes.
- Assisting in the preparation of the budgets, including: interpreting, challenging and reporting the budgets and assumptions. Working alongside the Senior Finance Business Partner, budget holders and Heads of Department.
- Assisting in the development of KPI / improved management information and reporting.
- Perform supplier reviews and ensure cost efficiency savings are being achieved across the business including working with the Head of Procurement.
Experience/ Key Skills & Behaviours
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA.
- Ideally experience in a finance role in a large business.
- Confident in working with stakeholders with varying financial awareness.
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining awareness of the 'bigger picture'.
- Ability to present and articulate financial and commercial information.
- An ambition to learn and progress.
This is a terrific opportunity to join a fantastic team and organisation in a role which puts you on the road to being a Finance Business Partner with terrific benefits which include study support, company bonus and fantastic pension.