£30.00 - £70.00 per hour
4 months ago
Purpose To carry out fault diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of Mechanical Tactical Weapons systems and equipment on all class of vessels based at, or visiting, HMNB Clyde or elsewhere as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Conduct planned maintenance, class modifications, alterations and additions on Tactical Weapons systems and equipment on board RN vessels.
2. Diagnosis and rectification of defects (including OPDEFs) on Tactical Weapons systems and equipment as reported by ships staff, and where possible, the rectification of those defects in situ.
3. Ensure correct Quality Documentation is reviewed and called for at commencement and throughout each activity. (AC17, AC28)
4. Provide specialist advice and guidance to the customer on all aspects of Ordnance Tactical Weapons systems and equipment.
5. Updating, on a daily basis, the company software and databases to record employee overtime and absences.
6. Assist the Combat Systems Manager in maximising the utilisation, SQEP and the efficiency of the Ordnance section resource.
Management / Supervisory Responsibility Management responsibility for Ordnance Specialists and assurance oversight of Combat Systems Mechanical Fitters. Supervision and training of ordnance specialists and Combat Systems Mechanical Fitters. Review and update complex weapon systems maintenance/repair procedures and documentation Participate in extensive technical discussions internally and externally with relevant design authorities/technical authorities with respect to solving challenging technical problems associated with weapons systems and equipment including the determination of risks presented during operations. Analysis of situations, events or processes to identify shortfalls and weaknesses in working practices. Develop and implement recommendations to address shortfalls and work with the Department's management in delivering change and continuous improvement.
Decision Making Key decisions are made regarding ordnance weapons systems and equipment installations and removals including decisions on risks to the team during operations. Decisions require to be made where evolutions deviate from standard procedures in order to allow the safe completion of operations. Decisions are made as to when it is right to advise Ships' Staff and other stakeholders on operations and support equipment, in particular, when evolutions require to be halted in the interests of safety.
Knowledge Weapons systems and equipment Weapon handling and discharge systems Masts and periscopes (desirable not necessary) Magazine floods and sprays T, A and V Class mechanical weapon systems Slinging and Fleeting operations Scaffolding operations COSHH Safe Systems of Work Risk Assessments Quality Assurance Health, Safety & Environment Planning processes Business applications