3 months ago
BASED IN BRISTOL BUT MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL TO DERBY
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE WORKING REMOTELY UNTIL COVID 19 IS UNDER CONTROL. CANDIDATES NEED TO BE AVAILABLE 3/8/20 TO 31/8/20 INCLUSIVE FOR A HANDOVER PERIOD.
The Combat System Engineer will be responsible for supporting the specification of the combat system interfaces and its integration into the submarine design. For the initial period of the concept phase this will mostly involve working within the project team, however in time will expand to include providing guidance and direction to contractors working on behalf of the MoD in the development of SSNR. The key mechanism for managing and controlling the direction of the design will be the SSNR Design Specification Document the Combat System Engineer will be responsible for the associated PBS items/sections of this document.
AT THE COAL FACE / KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage combat system development activities
- Contributions to Options & Trade Space Exploration
- Specification on the combat system interface
- Generation and collation of the SSNR Design Specification
- Support whole boat development activities as required, including integration advice on combat system
- To generate or oversee the generation of evidence to support to the Key Characteristics assumptions to be agreed via 2* decision panels.
- Development of estimates from contract specifications, at the appropriate level/WBS, ensuring information is adequately formatted for transfer to the project planning systems (P6/IFS)
- Provide a focal point for operations enquiries relating to work scope definition.
- To ensure the project control tool IFS is fully populated to support the continuity and progression of work fronts.
- To manage all aspects of project change locally by a process of validation against the original contracted work scope to assess impact to cost or schedule.
- Updating of IFS to encompass change requests.
- Interface with main project stakeholders internally and externally ie, Production, Planning, Estimating, Engineering and Subcontractors where relevant.
- Be the focal point for equipment tracking information.
- Assist in the management of the compartment handover process by ensuring outstanding work is known, and system population is in place to allow completion of works.
- Manage the non conformance management system, ensuring that NCR's are recorded, impact assessed, and subsequent requirements are in place with systems populated as necessary for rectification. Pro-actively engage, communicate, support and provide flexibility within the project team to ensure team objectives are met.