10 months ago
Combat Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists for a Combat Systems Engineer to design and develop Combat Systems for surface ships. The role holder will work within a Systems Engineering team to deliver the engineering deliverables for the Project/Bid.
The role holder will undertake activities such as:
- Acting as a Technical Liaison with major equipment suppliers.
- Performing Functional / Capability analyses.
- Developing engineering documentation including Requirements Specifications, System Description Documents, Interface Documents and Build Specifications at both System and Subsystems level.
- Performing Impact / Variation analyses.
- Ensuring Compliance / Customer Satisfaction resolution.
- Providing technical advice to the Engineering Manager and Project Design Authority on technical matters and management issues related to the Project/Bid.
- Interacting with key stakeholders.
- Understanding and embracing Customer Requirements to advise them accordingly.
- Keeping abreast of technical developments both within and outside of the client company.
Proven ability in:
- Using a range of IT tools.
- System Engineering tools.
- Knowledge of Configuration Control processes.
- Engineering Safety, within the context of Architectural Design.
- Operating within a complex project through a defined design process.
- A sound understanding of Combat Systems.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).