Up to £44.95 per hour
6 days ago
This role provides governance and oversight of Engineering decisions that affect Mission System equipment. The Mission Systems Engineer will undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supporting the Mission Systems DTA, Engineering team and other functions, and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
He / she will be responsible for contributing to the provision of systems engineering capability across a broad set of challenges to meet the needs of internal projects and the customer programmes.
- Is able to apply a depth and breadth of expertise across the Mission System engineering domain to complex engineering problems, challenges issues and problems associated with the area.
- Designs and develops solutions, resolves engineering issues and problems for a range of situations across the Mission System spectrum of equipment and systems.
- Holds a whole ship view and can contextualise Mission System design changes to provide technical advice and guidance to others relating to a Mission System engineering change.
- Have the required level of knowledge, understanding and experience in all the technical areas listed below to enable the successful execution of the principle accountabilities of the role. It is expected that the role holder shall have significant knowledge in some technical areas, shall have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge / experience to make sound engineering decisions in all technical areas and shall seek support from specialist engineers where necessary:
- Long/Medium Range and Navigation Radars
- Secondary Radars
- Electro Optic Sights
- Combat Management Systems and Tactical Data Links
- Air Traffic Control aids, including Precision Approach Radar, TACAN and Glide Path Camera
- Internal and External Communications (HF throught to EHF)
- Local Area Networks - Secret Real Time, Secret non-Real Time, IPMS and Restricted
- Information Systems, including Aviation Mission, ISTAR, Operational Planning, Ship Administration and Air Group Management Aid.
Be qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in Electronic Engineering or a related discipline preferably with experience in the marine/naval industry.
Be a member of a relevant professional body and registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), or be able to demonstrate that they have been working at the level of a Chartered Engineer for some period of time.