Up to £54.13 per hour
2 months ago
COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Responsible for providing systems engineering capability across a broad set of challenges to meet the needs of the WTA, T45 COM internal projects and customer programmes.
- To act as the T45 WTA focal point for the facilitation of the A&A process, giving specific attention to the MoD Business Processes 010, 100 and 101 and liaising with T45 WTA DTAs, OEMs, Design Management Services, SDT and MoD stakeholders.
- Work with the T45 Delegated Technical Authority system specialist engineers to determine the warship level impact assessments that proposed engineering changes will have on existing systems and equipment.
- Supply advice and support to the T45 WTA and T45 COM teams and other functions and/or to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity.
- The T45 WTA Combat Systems Engineer applies a depth of specialist design knowledge in order to undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supporting the Combat Systems DTA and other functions to organise and co-ordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
- Leads complex design projects including research, review of engineering design guidance, development and post design services support, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project or business requirements.
- Delegated Authority to certify that designs meet design intent, conforms to product safety and environmental legislation, and is fit for purpose
- Works with a high degree of technical autonomy whilst ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved with a particular task or programme of work to ensure all aspects of the system design are considered.
- Review design specifications and carry out design activities in line with specifications and advise on all quality and technical standards and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients.
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and advise on recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)