Up to £44.00 per hour
18 days ago
COCKPIT DESIGN ENGINEER - WARTON, LANCASHIRE - 12 month contract
There is a vacancy on a Fast jet Aircraft programme for a Systems Design Engineer. Successful applicant will be required to support the development of the Human Machine Interface (HMI) for a new Aircraft Radar System.
Responsibilities include requirements capture and derivation, top level design concept generation, detailed design, and design assessment with customer aircrew.
- Proven ability in Systems Engineering, Human Factors and Avionic HMI design are essential.
- Prior knowledge of Typhoon Avionics highly desirable
- Prior knowledge of PCMS and DOORs is desirable
The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Requirements Capture and Derivation
- Generation of Cockpit Human Machine Interface (HMI) Design Concepts
- Liaise with L1/L2/L3 Design Avionics Teams to ensure that proposed concepts are viable and achievable
- Detailed Design of Avionic HMI
- Conduct HMI assessments with customer aircrew
- Manage own deliverables to ensure programme milestones are met on time