Walsall, West Midlands
Rate on application
29 days ago
Main purpose of Role:
The purpose of this role is to conduct coach building and the conversion of new and used vehicles. Complexity will vary from basic lining to full vehicle conversion. Duties include but are not limited to the stripping and fitting of all types of commercial vehicles.
Health and Safety Requirements
Responsible for the well-being and Health and Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, to include
* Fully cooperate with your employer in the interests of health and safety
* Follow the safe system of work in all cases, where this is not possible stop work and report the reasons to your supervisor
* Comply with any local health and safety arrangements, where this is not possible stop work and report the reasons to your supervisor
* Do not engage in horseplay at any time within the workplace
Key Objectives / Accountability
* Vehicle conversions,
* General coach building
* Removal and refitting of interior trims, light mechanical work.
* Be able to work from own initiative
* Work effectively within a small team.
* Quality, HS&E compliance and external and internal audit findings
* Full compliance with stated processes and work instructions
* Quality Targets are met
* Consistently meet build targets
* Experience of Vehicle conversions
* Experience of general wood and metal work
* General mechanical knowledge
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to act as a credible representative of the company to external parties.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
* Highly skilled with various types of tooling
* Experience of working in an automotive / engineering environment is desirable
* Commercial Vehicle Body Building (Essential)
* Educated to G.C.S.E/HNC standard or equivalent.
* Proven industrial experience (evidenced)
* Work in compliance with established Company policies and procedures
* Demonstrate uncompromising safety, integrity & commitment at all times
* Carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
* Have or be willing to obtain the relevant level of security clearance and maintain the relevant level of clearance throughout your employment. Security clearance is a mandatory requirement for your role, failure to maintain will result in disciplinary action and potential dismissal.