Walsall, West Midlands
Rate on application
17 days ago
Main purpose of Role:
The purpose of this role is to conduct coach building and the conversion of new and used vehicles. Complexity will vary from basic lining to full vehicle conversion. Duties include but are not limited to the stripping and fitting of all types of commercial vehicles.
Key Objectives / Accountability
* Vehicle conversions,
* General coach building
* Removal and refitting of interior trims, light mechanical work.
* Be able to work from own initiative
* Work effectively within a small team.
* Quality, HS&E compliance and external and internal audit findings
* Full compliance with stated processes and work instructions
* Quality Targets are met
* Consistently meet build targets
* Experience of Vehicle conversions
* Experience of general wood and metal work
* General mechanical knowledge
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to act as a credible representative of the company to external parties.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
* Highly skilled with various types of tooling
* Experience of working in an automotive / engineering environment is desirable
* Commercial Vehicle Body Building (Essential)