Up to £31000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
I am currently recruiting for a CNC Turner.
This is a permanent role based in Manchester.
The salary is £31000.00
The role will involve:
- Program, set and operate CNC lathe machines.
- Program, set and prove out job, obtaining a first of job has been proved out.
- Run lathes after setting, ensuring that quality is maintained throughout the entire production run. c. Ensure that tooling, fixtures and relevant information is prepared and looked after when required. d. Identify any engineering requirements / issues that arise and communicate to the relevant person - i.e. Team Leaders, Production Planner, Maintenance & Engineering Departments
- Ensuring routine machine maintenance is carried out as necessary
- Check manufactured parts for compliance to drawing
- Operate a CNC CMM machines, following instructions to run programs.
- Operate a Manual CMM machine to check drawing compliance.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines and practices are followed in line with company policy.
- Ensure work in carried out in a safe manner both to themselves and to their colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S policies and procedures within the workplace.
- Ensure that 5S, TPM and other programmes in the Machine Shop area is sustained and worked to.
- Assist with problem solving any issues that appear.
- Communicate any issues through appropriate methods to the engineering, and technical departments.
- Identify and develop manufacturing improvements / procedures
- Ensure that any methods improvements are communicated through the appropriate means.
- Engineering Experience
- Completed an engineering apprenticeship.
- Experience working on machines with a Mazak control.
- Able to program Mazatrol machines.
- Good understanding of engineering practices and methods.
- Knowledge and understanding of machining methods.
- Computer skills
- Basic Knowledge of computer programs.
- Able to navigate and have an understanding around directory structures and network drives.
- Familiar with CMM software.