Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Up to £22.00 per hour
17 days ago
3 months +
A leading Aerospace company based in Sheffield are seeking an experience CNC Turner with a background working with Doosan machines ideally.
Please note shift pattern for role:.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to close tolerance, small batch work, predominantly fixture based in a wide range of aerospace materials such as Jethete, Titanium and Nickel based alloys.
- Ability to learn multiple machines within the business.
- Ability to operate multiple machines where applicable.
- Understanding and ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Understanding of various controls.
- Use overhead crane for fixture transportation.
- Understand and be able to follow Batch Card and Standard Working Instructions.
- Have a good level of Computer Literacy.
- Cover holidays and capacity issue with overtime when required.
Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- Experience in machining sensitive or critical aerospace components
- Experience in operating and setting CNC Turning machines - Doosan in particular
- Experience in self inspection and recording results of produced components.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to used multiple control systems.
- Excellent understanding of tooling and hand measurement using micrometers, Vernier's etc
- Ability to work part of a team or individually.
- Effective communication skills.
- Understanding of how to follow SWI & procedures.
- Have a questioning attitude to improvements and 5's
If the position is of interest please apply or call Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/