10 months ago
We are currently recruiting for Indentured/skilled workers to work on site at our offices in Yeovil. The role will involve CNC turning of Aerospace Equipment, in accordance manufacturing instructions, Specifications and Customer/Regulator Requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Lead.
The position of CNC Turner Operative holds the following responsibilities:-
* CNC programming, machining this will entail the programming, setting & running of 2 / 3 Axis Lathes (Hardinge Conquests)
* OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
* To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
* Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
Qualifications & experience required:
* Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
* Knowledge of machining, specifically manual and CNC turning
* Knowledge of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier, Micrometer, thread and plug gauges
* High standard of Health & Safety
* Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
* Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
* Working with Designers and Engineers
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken
* PC literate
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
* Machining skills are desirable
* Continuous Improvement
* Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills (PDM & SAP), Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, 5 S's, Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.) and general Health & Safety
All successful candidates will need to apply for a Disclosure Scotland Criminal Recorded Check before starting on site and the application reference number provided to the Program Office, the Criminal Record Certificate must be provided to the supplier within 28 days of their start date and forward to the Program Office, failure to do this will see the candidate removed from site.
All successful candidates will have to undergo drug screening before they start, and provide a negative result.
Week 1 (Days) Mon-Thurs 07:00 - 15:30 Fri 07:00 - 13:00. Week 2 (lates) Mon - Thurs 15:30 - 00:00