Currently recruiting for a CNC team Leader
We require an ambitious forward thinking individual who possesses the enthusiasm and desire to
assist us to make the continuous changes required to carry our business forward.
1. Supervise team members on a daily basis during the normal operation of the machine shop
in line with production planning
a. Ensure that team members have an adequate work load on a daily basis
b. Determine the best use of man power in the team.
c. Ensuring routine maintenance is carried out as necessary
2. Manage staff attendance and development
a. Monitor and manage work attendance
b. Identify and training requirements for team members / capability issues
c. Conduct Start of Shift / End of Shift meetings to update the 'SQCDP' charts
3. Operate milling machines or lathes and other work shop equipment as required
a. Set and prove out job, obtaining a first of job has been proved out.
b. Run milling machines after setting, ensuring that quality is maintained throughout the
entire production run.
c. Operate a CNC and Manual CMM machines, following instructions to run programs to
check drawing compliance of manufactured parts.
4. Ensure that health and safety guidelines and practices are maintained and developed.
a. Ensure that team members work in a safe manner both to themselves and to their
b. Ensuring compliance with all relevant H&S policies and procedures and act as a role
model in demonstrating compliance within the workplace
5. Attend weekly production meetings
a. Ensure that work is progressed through the machine shop in a timely manner
according to priorities set by the Production Planner
6. Assist with problem solving any issues that appear.
a. Communicate any issues through appropriate methods to the engineering,
commercial and technical departments
b. Assist the operators, when required, with the day to day operations
7. Identify and develop manufacturing improvements / procedures
a. Understand all of the material specifications that the client produces to and what that
means for production
Must have experience of CNC setting and running.