10 months ago
A leading engineering defence client in Stevenage Hertfordshire is seeking experience machine operators (CNC) initially for a 6 month contract but likely will be extended long-term.
The CNC Manufacturing Technician Machinist will be responsible for the carrying out of Manufacturing, Test and Inspection tasks within the deployed business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and time scales to match project objectives.
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, machines, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle and machine shop activities
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant test times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Communicate best practise to other team members
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Desirable but flexible - Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/ HNC or equivalent certificate - 5 years' experience as a skilled machinist
- CNC experience with knowledge of programming beneficial
If this CNC Operator position is of interest, please apply or contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516 /