Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£22.00 - £24.00 per annum
3 months ago
3 months +
A leading Aerospace company based in Sheffield are seeking an experience CNC Miller with a background working with Mazak machines and DMG (latter is desirable).
Please note shift pattern for role:
Days and Nights - Hours on days are 07:15 to 16:00 Monday to Thursday and 07:15 to 12:15 on a Friday. Nights 18:00 to 06:00 Monday to Wednesday and 16:00 to 20:00 on Thursday.
Purpose of the CNC Miller:
You will be responsible for machining sensitive aerospace components in line with the Master Production Schedule. The candidate must have experience in aerospace machining and be able to work alone or as part of a team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to close tolerance, small batch work, predominantly fixture based in a wide range of aerospace materials such as Jethete, Titanium and Nickel based alloys.
- Ability to learn multiple machines within the business.
- Ability to operate multiple machines where applicable.
- Understanding and ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Understanding of various controls such as Heidenhein.
- Use overhead crane for fixture transportation.
- Understand and be able to follow Batch Card and Standard Working Instructions.
- Have a good level of Computer Literacy.
Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- Experience in machining sensitive or critical aerospace components
- Experience in operating and setting CNC Milling machines. DMG & Mazak preferred.
- Experience in self inspection and recording results of produced components.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to used multiple control systems.
- Excellent understanding of tooling
- Ability to work part of a team or individually.
- Effective communication skills.
If the position is of interest please apply or call Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/