Up to £21.21 per hour
5 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a number of CNC Machinists for our major aerospace client based in Bristol. This is a 6 month contract with a limited likelihood of extension.
You will be required to work a 7 day fortnight shift pattern which entails working Mon, Tues, Weds, Sat, Sun Week one and Thurs, Fri Week two. 7am-6.45pm shifts. Avg. of approx 40 hours a week.
The pay rate for this shift is £18.80 per hour PAYE or £21.21 via LTD company (LTD option only available if you work 50 miles from site minimum). If you are required to work any standard day shifts it is paid at £15.04 per hour PAYE or £17.45 per hour via LTD.
To operate as a multi-skilled, flexible worker to ensure maximum effectiveness and
efficiency. Tasks will be undertaken and worked through the use of:
· Machining of parts aircraft parts to drawing specification
· Checking of parts using conventional equipment including height gauges
· Micrometers, vernier, calipers to meet required specification
· Working to engineering drawings
· Manufacturing to defined high tolerances
· Manually or mechanically move components to ensure the effective flow of
production within the cell
· Deburring for onward safe handling only
· Ensure parts are produced on a 'right first time' basis
· Ensure that any calibrated equipment used is within date
· Responsible for the timely clearance of work phases using the SAP system
· Responsible for highlighting any non-conformance to the Process Team Leader
· To hold first party inspection approval (M02 status is subject to obtaining A stamp
· Record all downtime on OEE sheets
· Management of machine stoppages with maintenance and escalation as required
· Completion of Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM)
· Responsible for keeping machines tidy and general housekeeping within the area
· Management of 5S within area ie. tooling, work set station and general area
· Employee Involvement (EI)
· Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety
procedures relevant to all work activities
· Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure
and implementation of identified corrective actions
A recognised Machining Indentured Apprenticeship (essential) and ideally have previous
manufacturing experience in a factory environment.
· Ability to work to standard operating procedures
· Must be able to work in small teams with Process Team Leaders
· Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and techniques to support
continuous improvement initiatives
· Self-motivated team player with good communication skills
· Export Control understanding and regulatory requirements.