Morson are recruiting on behalf of leading Aerospace and Defence client based in Cambridge. This position is a weekdays position (can potentially be worked over 4 days)
The successful applicant will be a proactive, motivated skilled machinist and will have the opportunity to work on leading-edge, high-value products for our demanding, world-class customers. You will need to work well in a team environment, have a flexible approach and a desire to learn new processes and meet strict delivery schedules, whilst working to exacting quality standards.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Setting and operating the CNC 3 Axis & 5 Axis machining centres
- Manual milling and Jig Boring to engineering data and pattern parts
- Work to shop order instructions and machine set up sheets
- Ability to undertake some machine programming
- Working to a schedule of work to meet on-time delivery and to the required quality requirements
- Compliance with Health & Safety procedures and Safe Systems of Work at all times
- Carry out planned maintenance of machinery in accordance with maintenance schedules.
- Positive input into continuous improvement activities.