£13.50 - £14.00 per hour
24 days ago
Our client, a global brand and player in a variety of technical markets, requires CNC Machinists prepare detailed numerical control programs for use in production on numerical controlled machinery including programming, setup and operation. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organisation of the work area as well as follow EH&S policies and procedures.
Our client has a well earned reputation for producing high precision components and our modern, highly computerised machine shop produces components and assemblies of the highest quality for customers throughout the world.
Their constant investment in the latest technology has provided a sophisticated manufacturing facility which includes CNC multi-axis lathes and machining centres (Nakamura, Index, Citizen Miyano, Haas, Matsuura).
Experienced and skilled CNC lathe setter, operator, and programmers to work in the Turning Team at our high technology manufacturing facility in Bath.
Double day shift: (attracts shift allowance)
Week 1, Monday to Thursday 14:00 to 22:00, Friday 13:00 to 20:00
Week 2, Monday to Thursday: 6.00 to 14:00, Friday 6:00 to 13:00,
Night Shift:(attracts shift allowance)
Sunday to Wednesday 22:00-06:00, Thursday 22:00-05:00
Their CNC Machinists prepare detailed numerical control programs for use in production on numerical controlled machinery they run the EDM, including programming, setup and operation. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following EH&S policies and procedures.
* Programme, set and operate CNC multi turret/ spindle machines (Fanuc program control), inspecting your own work and recording the results to ensure the required quality is maintained.
* Ability to perform fast set-ups / change overs essential.
* Capable of taking drawing to part ( read the drawing and make that part)
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (4M's 5S's etc.)
* Quality conscience
* Capable first off inspection
* Excellent attitude
* Work effectively and resolve issues within a team environment,
* Complete accurately all necessary material movement paperwork (ie route cards, material traceability, program changes)
* Capable of working on own initiative and unsupervised
* Good communication skills (fluent English)
* Perform any additional operations necessary (including deburring) that are required to produce finished components
* To set and operate manual machines as necessary
* Involvement in continuous improvement activities / Lean processes