Morson are looking to recruit a CMM Programmer on behalf of our prestigious automotive client in West Sussex.
The client is a leading composite company that has built a reputation over the last 20 years within the composite industry . Suppliers to The F1 grid and motorsport worldwide, they have a diverse selection of other projects in their portfolio. These include high end automotive projects and in the aerospace , defence , marine and medical sectors.
The successful candidate will have proven experience from a similar manufacturing background. The role will be fast paced.
* To determine and create programmes for highly complex components based on drawing, design and engineering requirements.
* To edit and improve existing programmes.
* Comprehensive understanding of GD&T and Catia Models.
* To support the Precision Measurement Quality Engineer and Inspection Team Leader with the responsibility, workload, aims and vision of the department.
* Good Knowledge of hand/ visual inspection of composites / metallics (using hand measurement tools verniers , micrometres, borescope etc)
* General inspection duties as designated by PMQE and Inspection TL.
* Verification of free issue parts from customers (this may include Dimensional, material or other process allied to the part)
* Liaise with engineering on drawing/ product issues.
* Liaise with SQA's on any supplier related issues (non-conforming product)
* Liaise with Quality Engineer on any product related issues.
* Faro Arm or similar experience (desirable)
* Polyworks software or similar (desirable)
* NDT knowledge (desirable)
* To attend meetings (on-site or off-site) with suppliers and customers as necessary
* To embrace new technology including new software whenever required by the business.
* To assist other areas of the business as required with quality/ measurement issues.
* To participate in gauge R&R studies, capability studies and other background studies to develop the department and areas that feed inspection ( Machine Shop / Production)
* To attend training courses as required.
* Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
* Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
* Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
* Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
* Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by Team Leader or relevant level authority within the business.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
* Knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 and IATF 16949
The shift pattern will be 12:00pm - 20:30pm.