£25.00 - £35.00 per hour
8 months ago
This role will ensure that all CMM (Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine) programmes are written efficiently and effectively to enable components to be measured to design specifications, batch cards and required industry standards. PCDMIS is desirable.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Develop, write, revise troubleshoot and improve CMM inspection programs in a timely and efficient manner to ensure the production key milestones are met.
* Use GD&T, tolerances, datums, part positons and accessibility to maximise the effectiveness of CMM Programmes.
* Review and interpret customer Quality requirements to develop and implement systems as needed to ensure compliance.
* Interpretation and presentation of the CMM results to key stakeholders.
* Dimensional Inspection of machine and fabricated detailed and finished parts on the CMM.
* Producing FAIR (first article inspection report) reports for NPI and Production (where required).
* Ensure adherence to batch cards, drawings and specifications.
* Working with the engineering team to develop inspection plans.
* Offer improvements to methods of inspection of product, whilst developing best practice techniques.
* Working closely with other Operational teams to ensure that the factory plan is adhered to.
* Provide source inspection to comply with customer requirements (e.g. DSQR, DPRV, Customer Eyes Over check).
* Inspection of dimensions using recognised inspection techniques and methods (e.g., Micrometer, Vernier's, Faro Arm etc.)
* Host audits from regulatory agencies as and when required.
* To ensure a safe working environment and the wearing of PPE within the team.
* Good knowledge of PCDMIS software.
* Previous experience of programming a CMM machine within a productionised environment.
* Understanding of Geometric tolerances.
* Ability to work within in Team environment.
* Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a wider team.
* Ability to read, understand and work towards engineering drawings.
* Working knowledge of ISO Quality standards
* Ability to communicate in an effective manner to different levels within the organisation.
* Flexible across different components and potential shift patterns.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Previous aviation / aerospace manufacturing experience and / or technical experience or equivalent.
if you are interested please contact /01617071516