£14.00 - £16.00 per annum
19 days ago
Due to an increased workload my client has an opening for a skilled CMM Mechanical Inspector
- Ensure inspection work is completed in a timely manner with targets set by the Production Director.
- To interpret engineering drawings, specifications and standards to carry out accurate and timely dimensional checks of all manufactured products using either the manual or CNC CMM and standard measuring equipment during 1st off Inspection, Batch Inspection of work prior to sub contract operations and Final Inspection prior to despatch to the customer.
- To accurately complete First Article Inspection Reports IAW AS9102 using Visual FAIR software. (Training will be given if required)
- To create CNC CMM programs, ensuring batch products are measured efficiently.
- Calibrate mechanical measuring equipment and keep records of the results in accordance with company procedures and the requirements of AS9100D.
- To investigate causes of non-conforming product and liaise with shop floor personnel to resolve root causes.
- To prepare non-conformance reports
- To carry out any other fair and reasonable activities requested to assist in achieving Customer requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong Quality Inspection experience with the proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and the use of mechanical measuring equipment and CMM.
- Proven work hitory in Aerospace and precision manufacturing environment with full understanding of ISO9001:2015 & AS9100 Rev D requirements.
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship preferred
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Able to meet day to day targets without the need for supervision.
- Strong leadership skills and able to motivate others to promote continuous improvement throughout the company.
- Use of Visual FAIR software will be an advantage.
- Use of Aberlink CMM CNC software will be an advantage.