Up to £11.95 per hour + .
19 days ago
Client Relationship Co-ordinator
Purpose of the Job
To develop and maintain relationships with existing and new customers: understand customers' requirements, identify opportunities, prepare offers and win orders for Train Life Services Parts & Modernisation product lines.
- Look after a portfolio of Accounts
- Using an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business.
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing Customers
- Create and maintain Customer portfolios
- Develop Customer Plans appropriate to the level and nature of each Customers business
- Produce Customer KPIs
- Development of promotional material and marketing campaigns as they arise
Enquiries / Request for Quotations
- Receive, understand requirement and respond to customer enquiries and request for quotations in line with company and functional processes and work instructions
- Identify opportunities, understand Customers current and future business potential
- Prepare quotations in line with company and functional processes and work instructions, interfacing with other functions as required to ensure compliance.
- Maintain price lists in RAILSYS and Partsfolio data base, ensuring they are accurately updated in line with CPA and contract variations
- Control the offer process to encompass both standard and non-standard offers
- Assist in pricing strategy of products and services and maintain an overview of market pricing. Ensure adherence to Alstom T & C's and authority for deviation
- Review orders won / lost and provide return of experience
- Order entry using company and functional processes and work instructions
- Achieve Order Intake target. Team and individual
- Handle customer complaints in accordance with the company customer complaints process.
- Proactively update the Customer ( Flow Business ), communicating progress and emerging issues, in line with company and functional processes and work instructions
- Understand the Customers delivery requirements ( Flow Business ) and communicate and agree with Operations.
- Release authorised invoices, resolve non payment issues and process credit requests in line with company and functional processes and work instructions
- Prepare / Assist in PQQ responses
- Assist Tendering process. Co-Ordinate and record all stages from " Win / NoGo" through authorisation to submittal, utilising the appropriate company standards and procedures.
- Co-Ordinate preparation of FI/07
- Development of business reporting and analysing from internal systems
- Comply with Alstom Procedures and the code of Ethics
- Minimum basic qualification to GCSE Maths and English
- Experience of working in a complex engineering or services environment.
- BTEC or HNC Business Studies preferred. (Development of appropriate knowledge through experience would be considered).
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- A commercial knowledge of Rail customers
- Knowledge of product sold to, and procedures that apply to the UK and Export Rail markets
- Supplier-to-customer relationship experience in a delivery environment
- Working in an international environment would be an advantage
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to absorb, manage and analyse large amounts of information whilst maintaining accuracy and detail is essential.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships and a network of contacts at all levels.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Demonstrate IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Lotus Notes).
- Customer focused, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Familiarity with commercial protocol and a general understanding of contract law
- Knowledge of export/import documentation, letters of credit and performance bonds an advantage
- Results oriented and able to drive enquires
- Ability to interpret technical information (e.g. read drawings/material specs) is desirable Able to deal with the customer in a confident and diplomatic way
- Demonstrate negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrate planning and organisational skills with ability to evaluate and prioritise own work load and able to remain calm when working under pressure
- Able to work on own initiative, proactive, adaptable and flexible Demonstrate problem solving skills
- An understanding of the management of safety critical parts and services