4 months ago
6 Months Initially
The Clerk of Works is responsible for the monitoring of the civil deliverables within the Glasgow Programme of capital projects. It is expected that these deliverables will be produced safely and without adverse impact to the environment, within authorised budget, to a high standard of quality and the required timescales.
* Responsible for the monitoring of the civil deliverables at multiple electrical substation sites within Glasgow, throughout their full lifecycle from development through to final closeout
* Responsible to review CDM documents, write weekly site report to record progress of the works for each contractor, and attend site meetings
* Ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the quality and workmanship standards outlined in the technical specification referenced in the contract document
* Monitor the progress of the Principal Contractor's Health and Safety Plan, the production of site generated Risk Assessments and Method Statements and compliance with CDM regulations
* Inspect, approve or reject materials and workmanship. Record of all non-conformances and agree remedial actions with the relevant parties
* Ensure accurate records of time and materials are maintained by the Principal Contractor
* Assess record and certify the progress and completion of the works with respect to the Contractual Programme.
* Agree the measurement, circumstances and condition of hidden work (deemed to be additional to contract) or the condition of the site in abnormal conditions.
* Implement and maintain site drawings/records to ensure works proceed to the _As Built_ condition
* Report any Environmental and Safety Related Incidents
* Drive continual improvement by completing project reviews, identifying lessons learned
Skills & Requirements
* Have a proven track record of delivering civil engineering projects, preferable within the electricity / utility sectors
* Able to implement quality assurance processes as well as health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM
* An understanding of high-voltage electrical safety - training and authorisation will be provided
* Excellent observational skills and to be able to pay attention to detail
* Be honest and vigilant to make sure that the work and materials meet the required standard
* Have good spoken and written communication skills
* Be able to establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractors staff
* Be persuasive and diplomatic while remaining independent.
* Able to prioritise, plan and manage own workload and projects to meet conflicting work demands, fee targets and deadlines
* Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
* Able to prepare and write progress records
* Good IT skills (e-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel)