£30000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Morson International is working closely with our telecommunications client in building and maintaining their communications network that connects millions of homes and businesses across the UK & Northern Ireland.
As part of their grand plans, we are looking to make multuple hires for:
Clerk of Works - Basingstoke
You will be required to travel widely around your allocated area.
We are looking for skilled fibre engineers with an ability to connect with people and a willingness to get stuck in.
As one of our Clerk of Works youll build good relationships with a team of third-party Fibre Engineers in your assigned area. You will be assessing the quality and auditing the progresses of their work to ensure the installations are completed to high standard and on time. By doing this, you will also report to your manager any possible issues encountered along the way that might affect quality and delivery.
The engineers you supervise will be mobile therefore you will need to be happy working outside, whether thats in glorious spring sunshine or bracing wintry weather. You will travel a lot, and often make multiple visits to the same place, especially where you spot problems.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are an experienced fibre engineer, and while you want to move up in your career, you are happy to get stuck in on a job where needed. Some of our systems are specific to Openreach, so we will provide you with any systems training you need, but its essential you have:
- A deep understanding of everything fibre, including the following connections: FTTP, FTTC and FTTN
- An NRSWA licence
- A manual driving licence with maximum 6 points
We would also like you to be:
- An excellent communicator
- Open to learning new technology
- Comfortable using smart devices
- Physically fit and comfortable with heights to safely carry a ladder and climb a telephone pole
- Good at Maths and English - skills will be tested during the application process
- Able to manage your time and workload
- Starting salary of £33,702 per annum
- Annual Bonus of 10%
- Company van and tools
- 22 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Free BT broadband, BT TV and BT Sport
- Discounts on a range of products and services
For further information please contact Paul Harvey.