Up to £43834 per annum
19 days ago
The role holder will be required to supervise the activities of personnel carrying out works for the client (which includes employees, ASW and contract workers) on a day to day basis to ensure that all activities are executed in a safe, cost effective and reliable manner inline with legislative and company procedures. The role objective is to ensure that construction, demolition and decommissioning works are carried out to specification and by safe working methods.
The role holder shall work closely with the wider client team to support the characterisation, monitoring and transfer of waste. The role holder will report directly to the clients Senior Project Engineer and will be appointed as RPS for an area /facility.
- Plant operations experience in a nuclear facility
- Knowledge and experience of Decommissioning Operations
- Previous or existing appointment as RPS for the work area.
- Competent in the use of Materials Handling based waste operations.
- Sound knowledge of plant-related HSE, security and regulatory requirements
- Good leadership and managerial skills
- Able to think, communicate and present information effectively
- Experience of controlling work streams using systems such as Permit to Work
- Trained in emergency roles, typically Evacuation Centre Supervisor, Building Roll Caller and Local Technical Advisor.
- Ability to take control during operational deviations, directing the team making full use of their own problem solving skills whilst drawing on the expertise of the team.
- IOSH certified or equivalent
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- Duty to Manage Asbestos
- Radiation Protection Supervisor