Up to £9.50 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
3 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services. They are currently looking for a Cleaning Supervisor to start on the 21st Jan until the 30th April, with the possibility of going perm.
Responsibility for the provision of cleaning services across a range of facilities, including but not limited to office,kitchenettes, washrooms and meeting rooms. A key element of this role will be the supervision of the cleaning team to ensure agreed cleaning standards are met as well as taking an active role in the completion of said tasks.
1. Ensure the cleaning team undertake all duties in a safe, tidy and responsible manner in accordance with health and safety requirements KPIs and SLA.
2. Ensure all team members work according to site specific RAMS and annually refresh these with the team following review with the Cleaning Manager.
3. Ensure all cleaning tasks are carried out to the agreed standards for all accommodation covered by the cleaning routines/ schedules using appropriate colour coding.
4. Ensure all cleaning tasks are carried out in compliance with the contract service level agreements and completed task sheets are closed on the Agility/EMMA system
5. Ensure any repair requirements noticed during cleaning duties are reported by the team (record on cleaning routine sheets) and are passed to the helpdesk or Cleaning Manager for action.
6. Ensure a timely response to any service shortfalls identified by the Cleaning Manager.
7. Supervise additional or special cleans as instructed by the Cleaning Manager, including the use of equipment and chemicals appropriate to the task.
8. Ensure all cleaning tasks are carried out fully and promptly, in accordance with key performance indicators and service level agreements.
9. Conduct a weekly stock check for the Cleaning Manager to ensure adequate stocks of consumables are available in nominated cleaning stores and where necessary, ensure requests for replenishments are submitted to Cleaning Manager in a timely manner. Ensure all chemical, equipment and consumable usage is monitored to avoid abuse and wastage.
10. Ensure all employees are compliant with their responsibilities as set out in the Code of Conduct.
11. Take an active role, as a working supervisor, in the completion of the cleaning routines for the whole building where possible, ensuring a one team approach is adopted across the team.
12. Ensure logbooks are up to date and information is recorded clearly.
13. Manage minimum manning levels to ensure planned and unplanned absence can be covered by the team and the cleaning routines for the building are completed.
14. Ensure all cleaning staff comply with payroll and absence reporting procedures and timelines i.e. completion and return of timesheets, holiday requests and return to work documents.
15. Ensure the team, in its entirety, all adhere to the PPE mandate at all times.
16. Supervisor role is deemed as a 'working supervisor' and as such will require the supervisor to take an active role in the completion of the tasks and duties set out within the SLA between Group (UK) plc and the client
17. Carry out the required number of Team Talks, as per guidelines, with the cleaning team and ensure full interaction and understanding from the whole cleaning team.
18. Conduct the minimum number of cleaning audits per week, as per line manager instruction, and log them on the Intelex system.
19. Take ownership of all personnel issues in their initial stages keeping full records of all interactions to support any progressive actions that may be required.
- Supervising experience.
- Previous experience of office cleaning.
- Methodical and meticulous approach to work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve and exceed required standards.
- Knowledge of COSHH risk assessment
- Excellent level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Communicate politely and effectively with team / Client
- Ability to sustain effective relationships
- Motivation and flexibility
- Ability to arrange staff adequately to overcome any staff shortages.
- Ability to constantly assess staff and look to develop and provide training as necessary.
- Ability to manage admin duties i.e. completing absences reports, requesting chemical/consumable orders, completing all HR/Payroll paperwork and health and safety requirements
- Ability to follow process of managing issues within the team i.e. excessive absences, poor performance and/or poor timekeeping as well as failure to follow PPE Mandate and reasonable instruction.
- Desirable: IOSH managing safely and/or Training within BICSc or City & Guilds Cleaning Standards or equivalent
Hours: 0700 to 1700, one hour unpaid lunch = 45 hours per week
Pay Rate: £9.50 ph
Length of Job: 21/01/2019 - 30/04/2019
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.