Up to £28000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
12 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Cleaning Manager to be based Whiteley.
This role will be responsible for ensuring a compliant standard is achieved across all sites through effective communication with other Housekeeping leads.
The role is required to be flexible in working hours to ensure support, audits and guidance is provided to the varied shift patterns, as well as have a thorough understanding of technical cleans. Cover at other nearby sites will also be required on occasion and direct cover of absenteeism may be required.
The role is 40 hours per week. Generally working hours will be 1100hrs to 2000hrs (one hour lunch), Monday to Friday, however the post holder will need to ensure they meet with and oversee their operatives working nights and weekends, adjusting working hours accordingly to suit.
- The direct line management of multi-skilled cleaners working within cleaning teams that cover a 24 hour period.
- Ensure the cleaning teams carry out cleaning/housekeeping tasks to ensure the agreed standards are maintained for all areas as defined by the clients standards.
- To lead and motivate the team and agree/regularly review clear performance objectives for each team member, undertaking their annual performance review.
- Team supervision including holiday, sickness, HR related issues, rota's, team talks, training and control of overtime.
- Recruit, train and develop new and existing employees
- To support the cleaning teams with performance and quality measurements.
- Conduct monthly cleaning audits including review of standards, setting targets and reporting. Rectifying any issues found.
- Scheduling including regular and deep cleaning.
- Ensure appropriate training of staff is identified, implemented and recorded. This is to include tool box talks, online eskillz, appropriate health and safety/COSHH training.
- Ensure staff are rostered correctly, taking account of sickness and holidays
- Ensure effective waste removal across the sites, with waste collected from internal receptacles and deposited in the correct external bins as defined by the clients waste and recycling policies.
- Ensure any maintenance issues noticed during cleaning duties by the post holder, or their team members are reported to the FM Helpdesk and followed up if there isn't a timely resolution of the issues identified.
- Carry out additional or special cleans as instructed by the Soft Services Manager, using equipment and chemicals appropriate to the task
- Ensure adequate stocks of consumables are available in nominated cleaning stores and where necessary requests for replenishments are submitted in a timely manner
- Oversee soft services subcontractors
- Timesheet/absence/leave management
- Report writing.
- Review costs and ensure budgets remain aligned
- Ensuring compliance with client and Health and Safety policies .
- Responsible for COSHH management and compliance to H & S and COSHH.
- Ordering of supplies and equipment and team training, ensuring sites are fully equipped with stock and equipment which is clean and well maintained.
- Responsible for payroll, overtime, sickness and absentee management.
- Management of a budget, budget control and cost savings.
- Manage all specialist cleaning sub contractors, ensuring they work to the same high standards expected from our own teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 2 years Cleaning Team Leader Experience with experience of managing a variety of teams over a 24 hour period
- BICs cleaning qualification or equivalent is also desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience of cleaning within a corporate environment would be an advantage
- Excellent managerial skills with the ability to plan and prioritise cleaning tasks.
- Demonstrating the ability to lead by example
- A high quality of work output is essential
- Ability to manage rota's, sickness and holiday for team
- Computer literate
- BISC qualified or trained to BICS standards
- ID requirement and ensure all personnel are wearing appropriate protective clothing at all times.
- Ensure the team are up to date on all training matters relating to their roles.
- To ensure the correct risk assessments and method statements are adhered to before commencing any relevant task.
- To understand the importance of carrying out risk assessments prior to starting any individual or specific task.
- Demonstrate full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment and materials
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene and an appropriate standard of personal appearance.
- Good time keeping and organisational skills
- Flexible, to cover any shortfalls in staffing shortages
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.