Claims Handler: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract (temp to perm option available) Crawley based: Paying £16.67-£19.44 per hour (dependent on experience)
Morson are thrilled to be working with our energy client to assist them in finding an experienced and detail orientated Claims Handler to join their business on an initial 6 Month Contract. The Claims Handler will report into the Insurance Manager and will be responsible for:
- Pro-actively investigating and conducting claims to bring about a successful resolution
- Ability to resolve both liability disputes and quantum negotiations largely unsupported, up to a limit of authority of £20k and potentially above
- Providing advice in relation to claims/litigation arising from its various activities
- Liaising with insurers, external advisors and experts as necessary
- Dealing with claims professionally and in line with company protocols
- Protecting the corporate image of the organisation and achieving a satisfactory result for the genuine claimant at an acceptable cost to the organisation
- Liaising with loss adjusters and other external claims investigators as well as external solicitors and counsel
- Ensuring sufficient provisions/reserves are maintained for all claims by reviewing the potential cost of the claim whenever further material information is obtained
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, including GDPR
- Filing Acknowledgments of Service on time
- Contributing to the drafting of Defences and Applications for sign off by the Principal Solicitor
- Ensuring all court directions are complied with
- Contributing to the drafting and serving of witness statements compliant with the Civil Procedure Rules
- Taking all actions to avoid any risk of adverse legal costs being awarded against the organisation
To be considered for this role, applicants will ideally have attained the Chartered Insurance Institute core qualification, The Certificate in Insurance or be studying towards the Diploma in Insurance, as well as having the below skills/attributes:
- A confident communicator with good written and verbal English language skills
- Strong time management skills, being able to manage and prioritise your own caseload
- An adaptable approach, able to work both autonomously and within a small team environment to assist in the delivery of the team objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail and maintain a right first-time philosophy
- Ensuring that electronic records of all telephone conversations and correspondence are accurate and regularly maintaining
- Proven experience in handling public liability claims and/or motor claims.
- Strong customer relations/liaison experience and be able to provide a good customer service experience.
- A proactive, logical and pragmatic approach is needed to achieve commercially acceptable solutions to a wide variety of claims.
- Ability to work accurately to tight timescales in high pressure situations and manage often competing priorities and demands.